YouTube is great for promoting, but you need to do it the right way. It is important to look at YouTube as a destination site rather than as a search site. It you take that into consideration, then you will use YouTube as a supplement to your marketing and promotion of your product and business, not as your overall marketing scheme. Why?
Simply put, because there are thousand
You can use YouTube to market your business, product, or services. However, you need a good video in order to draw traffic and make people want to visit your website after they have finished watching.
So what goes into the perfect YouTube marketing video? Creativity always counts, of course, as does professionalism. Still, there are other things to take into consideration as well. The following is a list of 5 tips that will get you started.
1. Make your video creative. With all of the videos out there, yours needs to stand out in the crowd. Use fun music, great shots, and try to find an angle that hasn’t already been done. People generally turn on to You Tube to be entertained and your video needs to be able to do this.
2. Give some tips or solutions to common problems that are associated with your particular product, business, or services. This is an informational type of video and the audience will like the fact that they are learning something. Try to make the tips unique enough that most people can use them but haven’t necessarily heard of them before.
3. Make your video educational. People like to learn things when they watch video. Your perfect You Tube marketing video doesn’t have to be all about how to find your website and what the cost of your product is. For example, if you are advertising your mechanical business then why not give a demonstration on how to change a tire? People will watch your video, learn something, and then visit your website. These how-to videos are a lot less threatening than standard commercials or advertisement that you see on television. Plus, they are entertaining.
4. Add some realism or “behind the scenes” in your video. You can do this by introducing your staff, introducing some customers, or even giving the audience a “behind the scenes” tour of the office, factory, or place of work. People appreciate this and it gives your product or business some authenticity.
5. Add closed-captions to your video. Keep in mind that not everyone is able to hear and that those audience members might be the very ones that want to order your product. It’s very thoughtful to keep the hearing impaired in mind when creating a video, even a marketing video, because most people rarely do.
s and thousands of videos out there. Really. The chances of your video being seen by a random person are not very good. Yes, you can use good tags and categories and that will help your video be located, but that might take time.
Instead, it is much better to create an external website, even a blog, and then link to your YouTube video. This way, people who are already interested in your product will be able to see a video about it to help supplement the information that you have already provided.